• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding rusty's 3" all to this?

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
Well today i ordered rusty's 3 aal lift kit. So hopefully this weekend i can throw it on. Anyhow, i got under the jeep today and this is what i found
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

hope that pic works. anyhow the leafs are seriously sagged, at least i think they are. Should I go get a leaf pack off a newer model before I put the aal on?
let me know what you guys think. thanks

Last edited:
If it were me I would get a full 3 in leaf pack and stay away from the AAL. But that is just me. My bro has the AAL and I have the leaf pack and I sit about 1 in taller and they are both 3 in.

i have a 2000 and when i did my lift my rear springs looked just like that after 60,000 miles of long term highway driving w/ few hills(was living in coastal georgia at the time), all flexed over backward. actually went to jeep and they said "oh dont worry its a generally flat leaf in the first place", i said screw that and got the full leaf pack(worked wonderfully). also note that replacement leak packs from DC are expensive. go get a full lifted leaf pack for half the cost and save yer self the hassle. Good luck, HTH
CPl Maier

I wouldnt bother with your leafs. I would personally go to a junkyard and get some.

So what kinda prices would I be looking at for full leaf packs? Also, when you say the junkyard, are you tlaking about getting a new set of a cherokee? I heard that you can drop f-150's on them and get a nice 3". Any input on that? thanks guys

Personally I would get a set of leaves from a Dakota and mix and match with the Dakota leaves and the AAL until you get the lift you like. Just keep your main (top) leaf and experiment with the rest. The AAL by itself is not going to last trying to fight the sag those leaves have. If you were to use the Dakota springs as well, then the AAL wouldn't have to fight the battle by itself and you would save money over going with an aftermarket pack.
HTH

I have a rusty's aal kit too and my rear sags an inch. I bought a leaf pack from a 96 cherokee and I took them apart and cleaned them up and added the aal. When I install the kit I will swap my current packs with those. I am wishing now, after reading everyones opinion, that I had gone and purchased the kit with the full leaf set. You can only do what you can afford to do at the time. Live and learn I geuss.

Back