• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

QUICK question on DB's

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well im going to be tackling this this upcoming weekend alone in my driveway, and the directions call for me to do it ONE side at a time, im just wondering from peoples past expierience about if it is easy to REBOLD the lower control arms up when the DB is on. because i know how that is without the drop brackets and i was just wondering if its easier with the brackets ? thanks guys. matt

I just rewrote my DB article...one side at a time leaves you some room to wiggle the axle around without it falling off the floorjack. However, I found a few times during my install that it was easier to have both uppers or both lowers off the arms while trying to line things up. Additionally when you do the braces, you're going to have to do one at a time and then bolt it (loosely) back up since the brace is sandwiched between the crossmember and the frame. I used a combination of floorjacks and comealong attached to the bumper to reposition the axle a few times to get the control arms lined up right.

By "REBOLD" I take it you mean rebuild? I'm just not clear what you mean ib that sentence...

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

heh. my name is matt also and i too will be doing the drop brackets alone this weekend and had a similar question. thats kinda weird!!

Back