• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with T-Case and LCA's

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Today i tried to install my 1" t case drop, never the less it didtn work out. I ended up putting the stock bolts in and continued work on the front lift. While removing the LCA's all but 1 of the bolts holding the x member in fell out. the bolts will not go in and if they do they dont stay....i think i stripped the threads...what can i do here? Second any ideas for pescky uper LCA bolts. i have teh nuts off and the lower bolts out but i cant get the uppers. I tried heat, PB blaster, backing them out with ratchet....and most of a a BFH...but to no avail. HELP! mostly witht he tcase tho.

Thanks

Do the bolts just spin that hold up the Xcase?? Try looking up in the unibody where the bolt threads into - can you see clean threads???

Deffinitly sounds like they're stripped... I'd try running a tap into the nutserts (where the bolt threads into) and see if you can clean up the threads up enough to get the bolts to bite. If that doesn't work then it's time to go to the hardware store, source some bolts that are a little bigger, drill the nutserts out, tap them for the new bolts, and be done with it. You don't want those coming loose down the road - they support your Xcase, and transimission, as well as some of the weight of the engine.... HTH...

Will.

Back