• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock limited slip diff's.....

HaZakated

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking through the quadratec magazine (Essentials), and saw that there is a limited slip locker in the OEM parts section of the mag. Really, how much would the limited slip be different than the posi-trac off road? I deal with mainly mudd, dirt, and a little rock. Reason I ask is because I know if the Jeep engineers make it, its probably quiet and not to hard on the vehical (turning Radius, tire chirp while turning). Will this product work well?
Brian

The stock limeted slips suck. Yes they may be a little better than a open one when new but they tend to wear out fast and are no better than a open and for the price for a factory limeted slip your better off getting a lunch box locker or an aftermarket limeted slip.

robz95xj said:
The stock limeted slips suck. Yes they may be a little better than a open one when new but they tend to wear out fast and are no better than a open and for the price for a factory limeted slip your better off getting a lunch box locker or an aftermarket limeted slip.

Lock-Right No-Slip (PT)
This design is very similar to the regular Lock-Right, but incorporates a dampening mechanism that keeps noise and clunking to a minimum. The dampening assembly also works as a holdout ring that helps the teeth last longer and makes disengagement and freewheeling around a corner smoother and quieter.

This is more than likely what i'll order for the rear 8.25. its only 400$. Dont think I want front until my rig is paid off.

Brian

Back