• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who knows how to fix a winch?

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
i jsut picked up a ramsey 9000lb winch off a buddy of mine for 75$ cause he didnt want to futz around with it. his loss is my gain :). Any ways he got rid of it cause no matter what he did he couldnt get the lever to move that selects free spooling etc...i havnt opened it up yet so im not sure what the problem could be...just wondering if you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!

Go to the Ramsey web site they have all the manuals for their winches online in pdf format.
Sounds like a problem with the clutch assembly. The manuals detail inspection procedures, part numbers etc

hope this helps

http://www.ramsey.com/intro.html

:roflmao: :roflmao:

You've obviously been taken for $75. The winch is no good and can't be fixed. But, since I'm a nice guy I'll you $75 for it so your not out anything. Just send me the winch.

:D :D :D

really, winches are easy. get the exploded diagram off the site and then take it apart and see what's broke. Keep in mind that it could be a solenoid too. Tell them what you need and they should ship it right out to ya.

Back