• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 locker

xj95

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

I have a 95 xj with 8.25 no lok there is a guy who wants to sell me a tracklock from 99 8.25. Do you know if it's a bolt on installation and do you have any thing in mind I should be looking for before I buy this part Dont whant to invest to much in my old 8.25

Thanks

Zzzz frenchi

91 Jeep Project said:
I shouldn't work, you more than likely have a 27 spline and his is a 29 spline......... :wierd:
:lecture:

91 Jeep Project said:
I shouldn't work, you more than likely have a 27 spline and his is a 29 spline......... :wierd:

x4?

now - if he will sell you his shafts as well - then your in buisness...

changing a carrier isnt as hard as setting up gears - because the pinion depth is already set... but having the proper torque wrenches is importiant...

I have the trac lok limited slip. I think it's worthless - it's really a "limited traction" differential. They only cost a little over a $100 new. I've hear the auburn gear LS is pretty good (tighter than the dana). I have a detroit true track in the front D30 which is excellent in the soft stuff, but n/a for the rear 8.25.

Tell him to swap you complete axles, and pay the dude a few bucks. Simplest way to go.

Back