• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, what do you carry in your Jeep?

AndrewXJ

NAXJA Forum User
As far as tools and recovery. I am not talking about for when you go wheeling, I am talking about every day. I hold a Craftsman 254pc. Socket/Wrench/Allen Key set in the Jeep and I am thinking about taking it out. It takes up alot of space, there's the risk of it being stolen, and it rattles like crazy and drives me up the wall. I do keep a smaller box of just screwdrivers, and adjustable wrenches, and vice grips under my seat along with my lug nut wrench, some WD-40, jumper cables, a bottle jack and a Mag Light. Discuss...

Mag light, hi jack, duct tape, nice pocket knife. I also have a couple credit cards and a cell phone for anything else I may need.

This is kind of a stange topic. Anyway, I carry a spare, jack, jumper cables and flash light. During the winter month hat, gloves, and a blanket. I realize this is pretty unprepared, but I figure if I'm just driving around I have my cell phone in case of emergencies.

I've got some screwdrivers, vice grips, wrenches and sockets, stock jack stand and a block of wood, jumper cables, 1 gallon of water and 4 gallons of coolant that I am to lazy to take out from wheelin, mag light, a little food, and like 5 4x4 mags. And some other random stuff that I can't remember.

-Ryan

My "dumpster on wheels"!
I carry light hooded jacket, Army poncho, and tow strap tucked between the full size spare and window.
First aid kit and small fire extinquisher under the rifle rack on the RR side.
1 1/2 ton floor jack, 4 way blug wrench, 1 gal coolant, 1 gal oil, 1,000,000 candlepower spotlight, Paper towels, small ratchet straps, and well outfitted plastic tool box in the cargo area.
Extra belt, hose repair, 1 qt trans fluid, cheap drop cloth, duct tape, 1 or 2 MREs (whatever will fit) under the seat.
Asprin, extra plastic spoon, sunglasses, cell charger, TP, change, pens, extra smokes,etc in the console.
Several bottles of water rolling around on the floorboard with the other trash.
Thats when I drive around daily without carrying any gear or tools for work.

spare tire, 1,000,000 candle spot light (with charger), air filter, change of clothes, gloves, blanket, boots, tow strap, some tools, u joints, barings, more flash lights, jumper cables, radiator hose, hi lift jack, and some stuff….I don’t know what it is…or how it got there

I keep my rear seat folded forward to cover most of it:

Axe, highlift, sull size spare, shovel, strap, oil, tranny fluid, wd40, cellphone, extra clevis, thick leather gloves, pen & paperpad, tiedown straps, mag light, steel asp, jumper cables, and 4 way lug wrench.

Thats just every daythe axe and shovel both fit under the seat well and the tire and highlift are on the rear bumper.

Well I'm a little goofy cuz my "tools" are different. I have 3 different fly rods rigged up, 2 spinning units, ooodles of flies and bags of other spinning tackle, damp waders, boots and gravel guards, vest, net, sunscreen, several knives, forceps, scissors, some different clothes, lotsa ball caps, a portable fly tying vice, maps galore, GPS, bottled water and a can of Skoal. I think I'm ready for just about anything that comes my way.

I also have a Hi-Lift but I've never used it.

-Chris

Condoms.

60" hi lift, spade shovel, normal shovel, 147 piece tool set (crapsman), flares, spare t-stat, 1 gal coolant, luquid wrench, brake fluid, 6 quarts oil, wd-40, full size spare, CB, mag lite, 3 tow straps (1 with hooks for lesser cars), water, fire extinguisher, gerber... list goes on...

though - this is what it looked like til last weekend...
203xmx

lately, seems like I carry everything except what I need.

kitchen sink, food wrappers, hot suace packets, toilet paper, self defense items, military first aid kit with everything you could want including morphine and scalpel and sutures(very important) tools about 400lbs worth, spare parts and fluids and 3 sets of front axles. Kinda sounds like a dump truck going down the road.

P.s. I was kidding about the kitchen sink though.

Hmmm ...
Jumper cables, 4 way tire iron, 20' of rope, snow brush, snow shovel, ice scraper, small bag of pliers & screwdrivers, flashlight - and about 56,000 casette tapes.

Haha... Napoleon Dynamite... great movie.

Anyway: Spare, Hi-Lift, tow strap, tool kit(with basic tools), 2 emergency kits, flashlight, 2 foldable army shovels under seat, 2 tripod camping "stools", boots, gloves, fire extiguisher(its chrome!), 2 Mexico blankets, "jeep" flashlight/radio combo thing(never used), bolt cutters, air hose & fittings(for OBA), recharge-able spotlight(lost charger, kinda pointless now), a Bible(comes in handy when stuck/lost, lol) and the most important... 24 pack of Dr. Pepper(I'm 17, gimme a break). I'm sure I'm missing something.......

In other words, way too much!!!

Er.. I have one of those ever-present black and gray plastic tubs in the back. Inside is a basic ratchet set, a bag with misc tools, duct tape, electrical tape, bungie cords, zip ties, a knife, an NA atlas, a seat cushion from a West Point football game, a moving type blanket (to put on the ground if I have to work on something and am in uniform), a poncho liner blanket, a bunch of car cleaning junk, TP, a few MREs, a jackstand, probably some other crap. I need a bottle jack I suppose. The stock jack probably sucks.

The container is bungied down and locked with padlocks. I live near DC and work in DC so I like to keep things out of site.

Tools, first aid, flash lights , Mini compressor,club, Cds, chains, straps, tow hook for reciever, clevis's, snatch block, jumper cables, Jack, Hi-lift, shovel. Fullsize spare on runs. Damn no wonder my ass drags. Of course compared to draggin around a spare axle and springs, it ain't nothing.

Back