• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remove fusebox

lapisxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to remove the fusebox to seal around that opening through the firewall. It turns out that the leak in the drivers side floorboard was comming from that location. I took the 2 torx screws out from the cab side but it won't move but about 1/2". How do I disconnect the plugs on the engine side so that I can fix this properly?

Wiggle it - it'll come out. Or at least it did for me the other day... I think it may held in by a retainer or some such, and may require a gentle pry with a flat headed screwdriver, but don't go to town as it's only plastic. Once out, there isn't an awful lot of play in the wiring behind the fuse box. I found having no seat in and lying on my back the best way to do it!

You don't mention the year, which would help, but on most years, there is a small hex head screw in the middle of the connector from the engine compartment side that has to be removed.

Back