• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly lift spacers?

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I just got some new rear springs to replace my AAL and block setup. My question is...the rears are about 6 inches of lift, and my front spings are only 4.5", will some spacers level me out? Also, Is there any other problems I might run in to with spacers? Any suggestions on brand name, or adjustables?

Any and all input welcome!

John

Are there going to be any suspension geometry issues in the FRONT end?

I have new tubular LCA from rough country(stock length) and stock uppers. I doubt drive shat is a problem...anything else to worry about?

Thanks for the help,
John

JohnX said:
Are there going to be any suspension geometry issues in the FRONT end?

I have new tubular LCA from rough country(stock length) and stock uppers. I doubt drive shat is a problem...anything else to worry about?

Thanks for the help,
John

well - with stock length control arms and 6" of front end lift - you will have a big problem. My driveshaft vibrated its self to death on the way home from nebraska, in the middle of Nevada - around 3:00am...
so there i was, begining of december, snow and frost on the ground, side of the road - pulling my front driveshaft...

then i did this:
http://www.opiebennett.com/upperdrrveshaft.htm

oh - and i run 1.75" RRO spacers and can still stuff the wheel all the way up into the wheelwell

Hey John. Definitely a last option to run stock length control arms. Its worthwhile putting on adjustable upper and lower control arms fitted to a 6" lift, and probably worth considering drop brackets or long arms, if you are a fan of long arms. You probably already know this, but plan on an adjustable track bar to keep your axle centered. You will need longer brake lines front and rear, and of course longer shocks for the front. What size tires are you planning on running? Are you still running stock axles, or something different?

Meh - Ranger beat me to it.

Back