• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the best way

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
besides ordering a $200 addaptor what is the best way to mount a chevy 350 in to a 1985 XJ, i have the bell housing and clutch assy. i just need ideas for fabing my own mount assembly. i mean, i will have to buy at least a 3" lift but i am going for a 4.5" and money is getting tight ( imagine that).
so any good ideas are welcome. thanks

First thing I'd suggest is that you spend a little time using our "search" feature and enter topics like engine swap, V8, and the like.

You also gotta be careful to ask "what's the best way" and then follow it up by commenting that money is tight. The best way is usually gonna be expensive.

Now, if I were to go and install a V8 into an XJ, I'd look at Advance Adaptors website. They have lots of helpful parts for this. They make a great set of motor mount brackets. I used them to put a 4.3 V6 in my first XJ.

You've got lots of planning to do with your project.

Good Luck!

Back