• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock aiir filter advice for upcoming project please!

danny boy

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy y'all!

I've got a secret skunk works intake project on the horizon and i was thinking about using one of those edelbrock air filters that are somewhat triangular (reminds me of a praying mantis head) with black foam inside.

The design , shape and mounting (and price) are all perfect for my project but i'm a little concerned about the filter media. it seems to be just plain foam like that which might offer supplemental cushioning in a bicycle helmet. another example of what it might be like is the kind of foam that k-n makes their pre-filters out of, but a little more dense.

does anyone out there have any experience with these things? its going on a pretty new engine so i'd hate to compromise it over a little convenience if the filter does in fact offer inferior filtration.

any help on this would be useful because i'd like to get this thing done soon. thanks in advance,

danny

danny boy said:
Howdy y'all!

I've got a secret skunk works intake project on the horizon and i was thinking about using one of those edelbrock air filters that are somewhat triangular (reminds me of a praying mantis head) with black foam inside.

The design , shape and mounting (and price) are all perfect for my project but i'm a little concerned about the filter media. it seems to be just plain foam like that which might offer supplemental cushioning in a bicycle helmet. another example of what it might be like is the kind of foam that k-n makes their pre-filters out of, but a little more dense.

does anyone out there have any experience with these things? its going on a pretty new engine so i'd hate to compromise it over a little convenience if the filter does in fact offer inferior filtration.

any help on this would be useful because i'd like to get this thing done soon. thanks in advance,

danny

do you have part number ? If it is a real Edelbrock air filter and you want to use it as an air filter i don't see the harm. Or are you modifying the filter or pieceing together something not obvious.

Clue us in some more with out giving away all you secrect skunk works destails

it is edelbrock pro-flo filter #1006 (i think). if you go to edelbrock.com and go to the accessories you can find it. i don't plan on modifying it at all, it just seems like the filter material might not be good enough.

keep 'em coming,

danny

Back