• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon rims & tires under a cherokee?

jeepnutdaddy

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to end up with a full set of spare Rubicon rims with 31" MTR's (stock OEM) on them...and have heard they will go under XJ's and such-maybe with a small lift.
16" x 8" with 245/75/16 (31") Goodyear MTR's.
I had bought a spare set last month so I could burn off my originals and then replace them with 33'3, then just found a full set 15" x 10" with 33" x 12.5" x 15", 5 rims and tires, with most of the tread life still there-low mileage.
So I'm wondering if these would work under a cherokee-and if anyone is interested-if you haven't heard about the MTR'S it's worth checking them out-almost bullet proof! Set of 4, on the Rubicon rims (off my 2004) would be $850 + freight, or come pick them up (in NH)......
unless they would work under one of our cherokees....
94 grand limited, 95 Xj (well, it's totaled out after an accident-but maybe the kid can put it back together) and a 99 cherokee....

jeepnutdaddy said:
I am going to end up with a full set of spare Rubicon rims with 31" MTR's (stock OEM) on them...and have heard they will go under XJ's and such-maybe with a small lift.
16" x 8" with 245/75/16 (31") Goodyear MTR's.
I had bought a spare set last month so I could burn off my originals and then replace them with 33'3, then just found a full set 15" x 10" with 33" x 12.5" x 15", 5 rims and tires, with most of the tread life still there-low mileage.
So I'm wondering if these would work under a cherokee-and if anyone is interested-if you haven't heard about the MTR'S it's worth checking them out-almost bullet proof! Set of 4, on the Rubicon rims (off my 2004) would be $850 + freight, or come pick them up (in NH)......
unless they would work under one of our cherokees....
94 grand limited, 95 Xj (well, it's totaled out after an accident-but maybe the kid can put it back together) and a 99 cherokee....

so are you selling them or asking if they'll work ??? WT...?

wheels. they are wheels.

In answer to the question-YES....LOL :)
I am selling off one set of 4 stock Rubicon rims with original 31" MTR's, half or more of the tread life left ( 22k on one set)
but I still will have a spare set and wondering if it would go under a stock XJ just for giggles...
I'm getting a 'new' set of the 15" x 10" rims with 33" (12" wide) MTR's next month over in New York along with a 1 1/2" lift kit out of a Rubicon-to go under MY Rubicon....but we have 2 other cherokees (94 grand limited) and 99 cherokee on the road....and the 95 XJ sitting forlornly waiting to be fixed or scrapped out...my son learned that he should NOT park it on its nose in a culvert...but should drive on the road instead.........
some slight chance that it is salvageable but going to take a lot more work than we can do in the driveway so its off to a farm to sit under a tarp until warmer weather....that's the one that maybe, if it does get fixed-might be able to handle the MTR's....if the son doesn't p!$$ off daddy again.....

Well since they are the stock tires off a Rubicon, they are actually 245/75 R 16's (metric). They are comparable to a 31 though. And the XJ you are thinking about putting them on is not stock like you said, it has a BB and some slight trimming, and could have TJ flares put on (they're waiting in the attic :laugh3: )

Just thought I'd add those details in since it effects the fit of the tires.

By the way, your Rubicon is a 2003, not a 2004, not that it makes a difference.... :wave:

Back