• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing A-Pillar Trim Passenger Side

okcjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be installing an overhead console. So, how does one go about removing the A-pillar trim. From what I gather, it is held in place by clips. Which way would I need to yank on it to remove it? (I know I have to first remove the Oh S**t handles)

Thanks

okcjeeper said:
Mine is a '99. Sorry about that, I always forget I don't have a signature on this borad yet. Thanks for the link!

No problem :) Anyway, FWIW... If I had to do it over I'd just cut & splice the wires rather than taking the entire front end apart(just as I said in the other thread).

Hey OKC...I saw your thread on JU. Like I said...luckily I've never done it on a Jeep but after seeing those links these guys posted...better you than me. Glad you found the info. you were looking for. Hope everything installs smoothly.

okcjeeper said:
I am going to be installing an overhead console. So, how does one go about removing the A-pillar trim. From what I gather, it is held in place by clips. Which way would I need to yank on it to remove it? (I know I have to first remove the Oh S**t handles)

Thanks
The trim just snaps off and away form the A pillar. There has been several times when I've removed them, one of the clip breaks off on the plastic trim so be careful. :mad:
BTW, I was able to fish my wires through without disassembling the dash and I had to get the 97 harness plug through there which has the largest pigtail of all the 97+ years. (got smaller pigtails in 98 and even smaller in 99 with just two instead of three)

btw, the mounting bracket is just $5 at the dealer.

I almost forgot, 99 is the crossover year on the A pillar trim.
97 through early 99 had the 2 screws that hold the trim in place. They are behind the little round removable plugs.
Mid 99 the change went to the clips with no plugs.

Now here's the weird part with the early 99's, they have the screw holes AND the clips that retain them. Go figure.

Back