• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ 44 shafts in XJ 44?

bbaker80

NAXJA Forum User
The subject pretty much says it all. Does it work? I assume they would be interchangable, at least the shafts anyway. I'd like to have a spare set of shafts, and now that hardened shafts are pretty widely available for the TJ, if they fit one would assume that you could save quite a bit of money over custom shafts.

bbaker80 said:
The subject pretty much says it all. Does it work? I assume they would be interchangable, at least the shafts anyway. I'd like to have a spare set of shafts, and now that hardened shafts are pretty widely available for the TJ, if they fit one would assume that you could save quite a bit of money over custom shafts.

everything is the same except for the axle retainer flange (the part that you bolt the axle to the backing plate with) new ones are $7-12 bucks from the dealer, your also gonna have to install new bearings and seals when you do this as the retainer flanges ride underneath the pressed on bearing and seal.

Hunter

Back