• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone made their own TC lowering kit?

99xj4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting vibes at slow speeds (under 35 mph). I want to put a TC lowering kit on. I know skyjacker and Rubicon Express sell one. Anyone made one from either 1" steel tubing or longer bolts with metal spacers? Thanks a lot.

ive seen people stack washers and use longer bolts. ive also seen people use blocks of steel. both seem to get the job done. HTH

olivedrabcj7 said:
ive seen people stack washers and use longer bolts. ive also seen people use blocks of steel. both seem to get the job done. HTH

Washers that stack up to 3/4 inch worked for me. Just make sure you get the right pitch on the new bolts. I didn't and almost dropped my T-case when I didn't want to.

I made mine out of 1" steal block, work great i have 8" of lift and no vibes without a sye, course my rear axle has custom angled spring perches but it still works, a lot cheaper too :)

Made mine for a TJ with 6 bolts and a bag of 3/4" washers. My Dad did it for his XJ with some aluminum piping he had sitting around cut to 1" and some longer bolts. I drove to lowes, took one of the bolts out and took it in the store to make sure I got the right size and pitch. I just rebolted it when I left the store and drove home to install it. Worked real well for me, good luck

I would use square tubing. My BDS drop is just a 3/4 x 1" piece of rectangle tube with holes drilled in it. I found that the 3/4" was perfect and you really don't wanna lower it any more than you have to. I definately want an SYE so I can have my ground clearance back. That'll be about the last thing that the Jeep gets though. After tires, susp, armor, winch, lockers, etc.

mine is 1 inch square aluminum stock.... got it at home depot. Pulled the skid, marked the holes, drilled, pulled the studs, bolted it all up, working fine.

I had some aluminum spacers cut from a rod of aluminum and drilled. The bolts are metric but I drilled and tapped them to I think 7/16".

Back