• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some holes in stabilized speed...

darkspeed

NAXJA Forum User
First of all : Thanks for the Naxja community, I find here many informations that I haven't found elsewhere...

I have the following problem in my car now (I can start it now!!!) :

When I'm at stabilized speed (any speed) the car hesitate, if I release accelerator, the car hesitate more... If I accelerate more the car run fine...
It does if more if the car is in a slope (positive or negative).

I have checked my fuel pump, it has the good flow (about 1,5Liters/mn) and a good pressure.

I don't know if it the same problem but I have no (or poor) heat from the vent in "vent" or "heat" position.
My cruise control doesn't work at all (I have checked all electrical problems and it seems ok for this part)

The next weekend I plan to test my TPS (with voltmeter) and other sensors... perhaps I will find out.

In France, the price for the TPS is 160$... So if I'm not sure I will not change it...

Thanks for replies... I hope :)

YES I KNOW FRENCH (RENAULT) DOES THE WORSE PARTS OF THE XJ... But I'm not proud of it (that's why I buy an american car (and hope buying a FULL american car a day...).

Bonjour mon ami. If you ever need to replace sensors or any other stock parts, don't go to the STEALERship unless you have a tube of KY Jelly ready. Their prices are daylight robbery (vol du jour). A better idea would be to order the parts online from:

http://www.tapcointernational.com

Even if you add the cost of shipping, you'll still pay far less than you would at the STEALERship.

gjxj said:
heat and cruse control problems are likely caused by a vacuum leak.

More than just likely. A vacuum leak might also be contributing to the driveability problems, either directly, or by fooling one of the sensors, such as the MAPP. I would start there.

As for the French parts, it could be worse. My stepson's 93 XJ has a Lucas distributor! And it's almost worth having SEV and Ducellier wiper motors to get those French seats.

Then if it's a vaccuum leak... how can I detect it ? because there's many places where it can have a leak...

So is there a method to find it out ?

Vacuum leaks are most often going to be at the bottle or under the battery. The bottle is under the front right side of the bumper, and runs up underneath the battery tray.
vac_botl.jpg

Vacuum bottle on a removed front bumper

Back