• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

phase 2 of scrat soon to begin (opinions)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright looking for insight.
My XJ will never be a DD again (it cant be) so I am gonna do some other stuff.
I am thinking of cutting the top. but how much would yall cut just behind the rear doors or the whole thing? Also I am caging and bracing the unibody so that wont be a problem. I just dont have anything to spend money on for it so I gotta modify it other ways. So what would u do if this was your rig? Has anyone bobbed the rear of their XJ or seen one? I am really wanting to do this. Oh and this is still the plan for the rockers.
rocker.jpg

jeep.jpg

waterfall3.jpg

You could send a few G's this way. If I was cutting the top of an XJ I would cut behind the back door and the whole roof, leaving some roof above the doors. I would make sometype of a convertible top for it that has snaps or something(like a tonneau cover). But seriously I could spend that money for you real quick.

Ashman bobbed the rear of his XJ, but it doesnt have much of a body left anymore. Still looks sick though. If I were cutting it, I would cut right behind the rear doors and keep the top over the cabin. I think Goatman might have done this. I know Ive seen a lot of Cherokees with the back cut, so searching might yeild a lot of info.

The last one is almost like I am talking but all the way from the top of the rear fender to the back. So about 4 or 5 inches higher cut out on the rear. Mine's already cut as high as the others.

yours is a 4 door, so it won't really work for this idea, but Phil Weeks and I were talking and he had the idea to bob a 2 door about a foot so that you could use 4 door rear-side-glass, and it would still look pretty stock.

maybe someone else can benefit from that idea.

BrettM said:
yours is a 4 door, so it won't really work for this idea, but Phil Weeks and I were talking and he had the idea to bob a 2 door about a foot so that you could use 4 door rear-side-glass, and it would still look pretty stock.

mine wont work for what idea?

BrettM said:
Phil Weeks and I were talking and he had the idea to bob a 2 door about a foot so that you could use 4 door rear-side-glass, and it would still look pretty stock.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that idea

I still don't follow what yall were talking about im talking about cutting the rear fenders from the top of the fenders to the middle of the taillights stock position. Does that make sense? or does anyone know what I am talking about?

yes like that but a little cleaner cut and mor of the XJ still there.

Back