• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KJ 8.25 29 spline Trac-Lock Carrier

jjmat3

NAXJA Forum User
Will it work to replace an 94 XJ 27 spline carrier? Would it be worth using to upgrade to 29 spline if I can get it cheap enough? Would it matter if it is from a ABS equipped vehicle? I would obviously be upgrading the axles to 29 spline too. (Duh)
Search isn't showing the answers I'm looking for.

Might want to just swap in the the entire KJ 8.25, if it has discs on it. Lot less work then disassembilng both rears and then reassembling one. Whoops, is the KJ rear coil or leaf, I don't remember and have not looked under one since they came out...if so might want to grab the EB cable too...

Pretty sure the KJ is rear coils..... and the 8.25 I looked at under a KJ had a big honkin' anti-vibe counterweight hanging off the pinion.

The KJ rear is coil, but I am only getting the Carrier and then I will throw some alloy 29 spline axles in it and a Powertrax locker. I have a KJ also, and yes, they do have the "donkey balls" vibration dampner on the rear diff. I removed mine a while back as it got bent up real bad from John Bull trail in Big Bear. I have not notced any change in vibration since removing them. Anyhow, I am betting they are the same, but if anyone knows for sure, Chime in.

Back