• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Control arm question

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
i can get a set of lca's...tuff country adjustables... They measure at about 17 3/4" and the other 18" from eye to eye. would that be ok if i put them on my xj with 3 inches on it now...i'm going to be going up to 4.5-5 so will it work...the only problem is "They're siezed right now and need to be lubed and need new O rings to seal out the dirt"....what exactly does that mean...are they still useable... Thank you's all

dave

Wondo said:
i can get a set of lca's...tuff country adjustables... They measure at about 17 3/4" and the other 18" from eye to eye. would that be ok if i put them on my xj with 3 inches on it now...i'm going to be going up to 4.5-5 so will it work...the only problem is "They're siezed right now and need to be lubed and need new O rings to seal out the dirt"....what exactly does that mean...are they still useable... Thank you's all

dave

17 3/4 and 18" for an LCA means that they are siezed at the approx. length for an 8-9" lift. You need an arm that will adjust from 16" to 17"-ish in length.

If they are siezed, this usually means they are rusted together due to lack of regular lube-age........only time and elbow grease will tell if they can be salvaged. Never been a fan of that style of arm, seen too many Teraflex units fail, which is where Tuff Country copied the design from ........the design is a great theory, but lacks longevity in the real world.

My advice? If they are free, worth a shot if you have the time to work on them.....how about this.....if they can be made functional, you pay for them.
If not, they are scrap and you shouldn't pay a dime.

good luck (hint: RE or Currie arms)

XplodJeepster said:
so is the concensus that the tuff county ez-flex arm is weak and unreliable, and therefore the ezride lca is better?

I dont know about a consensus..
thatss one opinion..

I did not know they copied tera flex...
I have never run tuff country or seen it ..
bur I ran teraflex arms at the hight with locked front and rear and never had any problems.. I kept them real lubed..
poly bushings on both ends..

as far as them being seized ..make sur ehty are straight and use some PB blaster on em for days if that dont work try a little heat ..not to hot youll melt the poly bushings ..

Back