• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flex plates what one do i use?

DenalosXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 87 4.0 and im puting in a 95 HO do i need to use the HO flex plate to go with the 87 tranny ? also i had a borla header on the old 4.0 will it work on the 95 HO block? i plan on only swaping the block and head out and keeping all the Renix wiring.

Use the Renix flexplate. The header for the Renix 4.0 has an egr system on it, and I don't believe it will work with the newer head.

Use the flex plate for the MPI system you are using (the RENIX plate with the 87' RENIX MPI, and the OBD1 plate if you convert to the 95 MPI).

The header should fit either head (the exhaust ports are the same).

DenalosXJ said:
i planed on using the Renix MPI system . will the egr on the 87 borla work with the H.O head if i use the Renix?

Yes, just plug the header EGR port.

You can use the Renix intake with a little port matching (not the best, but you can keep the EGR), or use the HO intake after you build a little adaptor to fit the RENIX throttle position sensor on the HO TB (a much better power producing solution, and you plug the EGR).

The RENIX MPI with the HO intake and TB works well.

i just swapped an ho intake manifold onto a renix head. it worked fine. I also used a borla header from that old renix motor also. I plugged the egr port. I did have to get the 91-91 throttle cable bracket and cable from a junkyard. that all went fine. I wired it up and it cranks but no spark. then i realized that the flex plate is different for the ho. I need to change to that one, because i am using the ho cps and wiring harness. good luck

Back