• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Threaded portion of LAs

Gary E

NAXJA Member #687
I am building my LA setup and am wondering what you all used for the threaded/adjustable portion.

My tubing ID is 1.5 inches So I was just planning on using 1.5 inch UNF grade 8 bolts and nuts. But so far the price I have gotten is $21 a bolt :rolleyes: I did find another place with coarse threaded ones for $12 a bolt, which still seems a little much.

Blue Collar supply sells up to 1.25 in bolts in all flavors for very reasonable by the pound prices.

I would like to make all the links adjustable and probably even have one of the uppers be adjustable while bolted in place, with either a left hand threaded part or by using a combination of Coarse and fine threaded bolts. any thoughts?

I've got a source in Salt Lake that got me 4, 1 1/4" x 6 -12 bolts for around $20 with jam nuts. Keep looking, but if you get in a jam, I could get some and ship them too you.....

I sleeved my 1.5" ID tubing with 1.5" x .120 wall DOM. This allows the 1.25" All thread to slip right in nice and tight, then I drill a 3/8" hole through all three pieces of metal, put some rod in and rosette weld into place. Then, you need the standard weld around the lip of the all thread tube interface.

I get all my suspension supplies at www.polyperformance.com . Dave is a good guy..

CRASH

I used 1 1/4 fine thread B-7 threaded rod. The thing about the rod is you can make any length you want. Poly performance makes inserts (bungs) and Heims with that thread size as well.
mattk

Back