• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys lift

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, i'd like to say hello to everyone, i'm pretty new on here...Here's my problem, i got the rustys 3 inch lift with the full leaf packs about...6-8 months ago, and it is still wayyy high in the rear. its actually high enough to kinda look weird. I don't know if rusty's coils aren't too stiff or what, but the front is alot lower, so maybe even rusty would do something about it,I know i can put spacers up front, but i dont know what else i would have to do (new lca's..etc..?)... So let me know what you's all think. Thanks you's very much

-Dave

a friend of mine has a rusty's kit (8" i think) and i have seen his orange xj at NEUROC at paragon. both trucks have a very strange shackle angle. the bottoms point forwards instead of the shackle being straight up and down or slightly pointed backwards like they should be.

they added another leaf to their springs because they had complaints about sagging while towing and such things so yes they do sit a bit higher in teh rear when your cherokee is unloaded. Spacers are probably your best bet. You might need new control arms, depends on how steep the angle is now and how steep it is after installing the spacers. Might want to think about an adjustable track bar too. These are good things to ahve if you can afford them anyway in case you decide to go bigger later. hope this helps.

pat

extankerguy,

Your jeep looks damn good, in your first pictures, thats how mine is sitting right now, real high in the back and low in the front, how hard was it putting the spacers in the front, did u have to get it re-aligned, and also, were you able to use your orginal LCA's or did u get new ones, thanks alot

Dave

I have the exact same lift. I got 3 inches in the front and 5 in the back. Put a 1.75 spacer in the front and it leveled it out. I have an adjustable track bar and the stock control arms. I would highly recomend new adjustable control arms, as mine are at a really steep angle. Rides like total crap! I do like the lift, and I figure I got a 5" lift for the price of a 3".

Mine sits at a kid of funny angle. As well:
IMG_0043.jpg

Those are 31s and i think they look small in the rear, up front when I stuff, they rub like no other.

Back