• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plans for homemade rock sliders?

i bought mine from www.custom4x4fabrication.com
they are the 2x4 square ones and they are $245
I have to say they are one of the best products I have installed for the money. they mount with a L bracket against the "frame rail" up front, a straight bracket bolts to the leaf spring hanger, bolts in numerous spots to the pinchweld, and a skinny L shaped bar butts against the rocker panel to offer extra support when under stress. VERY well made. If you want to make your own, follow his as a guideline. another website that has a lot of info on home made rocker skids is www.madxj.com

They're not that hard to build IF you have access to some basic metalworking tools, are a decent welder and can get steel at a reasonable cost. I've seen some cases where once a person built them themselves they ended up being nearly the cost of a manufactured set. If you look at the rockrail section of my website, especially all the way at the bottom you can get a good idea of how the construction of mine are. I wouldn't bother using flat plate of any kind for the framerail legs, you can get A LOT more strength out of something like 1x2x.120 rectangular tubing without any added weight.

I agree with aj armor, your better off just buying a set rather than futz around with making some
just dont buy the ones that just attach with two L brackets with self tappers because they will probably pull themselves off.

These are what I built a few years back. The real advantage for me was making it the way I wanted them. Otherwise there are a lot of good ones out there like the JKS Supernerfs. Here's where the rest of the photos are at. http://www.fototime.com/inv/E14D2FE2765B329

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
I built my own for less than $50.00 in material. The local steel supplier has a scrap area where less than full length pieces end up. Had them powder coat painted for $40.00. They bolt to the "frame" and the pinch seam.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back