• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy AAL only, not a kit

muddy_daze

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to find out who sells just the add a leaf beside rough country, rubicon express, and rustys. All of the companies and dealers I have found so far only sell add a leafs in full kits. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Justin

Also look to see if you have a local spring bender. On an older rig I had, and didnt want to spend a whole lot of cash on.. I pulled the rear spring packs, brought them into one of the local spring shops, they made the add a leaf, installed it with teflon pads, and put it all back together for about 50 bucks. I went with the longest leaf it would hold and brought my rig back up to stock. Wasnt to harsh.

Don't the "kits" just have a center pin and clamps in them along with the leaves?

You'll need those to install it won't you or do you have those parts already.

hinkley

most makers of suspension systems offer AAL's also. and I have also seen them on Ebay. I would go the make your own route, you'd save a few bucks in the long run.

Let me first thank all of you who responded. By saying "kit", I meant the full suspension kit that lifts the front and rear, which I don't need because I've already got the front parts. I'm looking at doing a 3" lift and, so far, am seriously considering using the Rusty's 3.5" aal to match a 3" coil spacer lift in front. I would build my own leaf pack, but I live in a very strict apartment complex and don't have the tools to build one myself. I would buy a whole new leaf pack, but my hobby money is very limited and will continue to be for quite awhile. My overall plan is to run 31" tires on my stock wheels without having to trim any sheet metal and from all I have read, a 3" lift will allow me to do this, even with sway bars disconnected.

Thanks,
Justin

91 Jeep Project said:
Seriously?? Just get some f-150 coils or something....... :wierd:
why? this will allow him to keep the stock ride instead of getting a harsh ride from a ford coil.

Exactly why I am going with coil spring spacers, to keep my factory ride and also because I got the coil spring spacers from a friend for a very cheap price. I'm hoping to find a AAl that will compliment my coil spacers nicely.

Thanks all,
Justin

i got a pair of brand new...in the box...rustys rear full length AAL's. 40 plus shipping. email me at [email protected]

Rubicon express does sell just the AAL pair. You can get short or long leaves.

RE-1410 is the 2.5" XJ long AAL pair. $72.95

RE-1415 is the 2" XJ short AAL pair. $54.95

muddy_daze said:
Exactly why I am going with coil spring spacers, to keep my factory ride and also because I got the coil spring spacers from a friend for a very cheap price.
If you use a big spacer like that, you might want to consider extending your upper bumpstops by a few inches to ensure your coils don't slip out at full droop.

Can you add another aal to a spring pack w/a aal? I have a 3" aal, I beleive it is a full length one. Could I add a 2.5" RE? Will that make it 5.5"?

skylo said:
Can you add another aal to a spring pack w/a aal? I have a 3" aal, I beleive it is a full length one. Could I add a 2.5" RE? Will that make it 5.5"?
Not sure you'd get 5.5"...BUT I'd bet you'd have one stiff spring pack.

I have some spare xj leaves, if you add a couple of them in you will get at least 2" maybe even more. Send me a PM and we'll make a deal for info go see the write up at rocklizard fabrications in his tech section.

Back