• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full widths in the area?

robbieyukon

NAXJA Forum User
anybody running a full width 60 or 44 in the front and same in rear? im thinking about doing it b/c its hard to break the 1ton stuff. is also costs the same as building the factory rears. the rear would be an easy job, but what about the front? im open to any ideas. the big plan would be 40s, 4:1 tcase, and lockers in my 88xj.

robbieyukon said:
anybody running a full width 60 or 44 in the front and same in rear? im thinking about doing it b/c its hard to break the 1ton stuff. is also costs the same as building the factory rears. the rear would be an easy job, but what about the front? im open to any ideas. the big plan would be 40s, 4:1 tcase, and lockers in my 88xj.

I'm running a 3/4 ton D44 front with a 14B rear both full width. 38.5" TSLs on 16.5 Trailready beadlocks. You'll need to add alloy shafts & CTMs to your list if you're going to wheel it.

-jb

He's talking about 1ton stuff and i didn't manage to break something since my swap no matter how hard i pushed that skinny pedal.

You have to be aware that they put a lot of force on the unibody when flexed to the max. My windshield cracked at this occasion
asd.sized.jpg

robbieyukon said:
4:1 tcase, and lockers in my 88xj.
Thats the part that sucks. You probibly have the 5sp, a 21 spline tranny same as my 88.

The tranny/t-case is the worst one available on an XJ. I wouldent toss a 4:1 in a 21 spline aluminum chain NP231 that will also need a SYE.

I plan to swap in an AW4 auto with computer from a 96 Xj, 23 spline, These wont work with your 21 spline case. A d300 is an easy swap but youll have to flip it, get a 7/8in spacer/clocking ring, and then add the 4:1. I plan to get a 23 spline 203 (first T-case), a 203-205 adaptor then run a ford 205 second transfercase. Would give me 2:1, 4:1, and split front or rear.

I have the big axles and big tires, big suspension, big cage.... but My stock drive train sucks till I upgrade that as well. Stalls alot but hasent exploded it self, yet.

Back