• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF is this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
DSCF3.jpg

Kings of corncross???????? I don't remember any fuckin' idiot with a black xj there. As a matter of fact I don't remember any kind of MWC crap at all there. It was a group of good friends. Just because you saw a video does not make you king of anything except for the couch. This really ticks me off that you have to take something that you had nothing to do with and call it your own.

I'm sure I'll catch shit for this, but get a fuckin' life.

It's an inside joke with Great Lakes Jeep Thing. It's some words on a jeep, no big deal, made some people laugh. Sorry we offended you.

It is Kd4lyf's jeep.

OneTonXJ said:
DSCF3.jpg

Kings of corncross???????? I don't remember any fuckin' idiot with a black xj there. As a matter of fact I don't remember any kind of MWC crap at all there. It was a group of good friends. Just because you saw a video does not make you king of anything except for the couch. This really ticks me off that you have to take something that you had nothing to do with and call it your own.

Glad someone else said it.
I make no jokes about corncross because I wasn't there, plain and simple.
In the same respect, I don't sit around and swap stories with Viet Nam vets.
In short...x2.
:mad:

Lighten up Francis :D

Someone let the GLJT guys know about corncross. They jumped to a bunch of mostly wrong conclusions, but the facts are that it was NAXJA MWC members who were involved, therefore in their eyes we were all guilty :rolleyes:
If we're gonna take crap for something we weren't involved in, don't deny us from having a little fun with it as well :wave:

first rule of corncross...dont talk about corncross

cheers,

jj

OneTonXJ said:
DSCF3.jpg

Just because you saw a video does not make you king of anything except for the couch. This really ticks me off that you have to take something that you had nothing to do with and call it your own.

Yeah...
I saw the video and knew the real story of how it happened....
No...
I did not call it or consider it my own...
Yes...
I did stick up for you, Tim, Chewy, JJ etc, when people that had NO frickin clue jumped all over it and started to flame the whole incident. NO, you did not ask me to defend you or anyone else, but I took offense at someone from another website bashing those I consider friends. The details as to what happened were never divulged and I merely stuck up for the incident by saying: "Unless you know what happened, you have no right to piss on it". It escalated beyond "Corncross" and began a cross-board war that is still harboring sore feelings in unmentionable places... "Corncross" became a battle cry, like "remember the alamo" (lame example, I know)

Ya know, a lot of people weren't at the birth of Christ yet many seem to decorate and celebrate in remembrance of it :D
a lot of people are wearing NYPD or NYFD clothing and have never even visited NY :D
a lot of people have "Trail Rated" badges on their vehicles yet have never shifted into 4-lo :D

It was a term "borrowed" from you and the secret society in order to piss off the righteous blowhards from that nameless club that so vehemently trashed it.
I guess I understand the way you feel... I get pissed off when I see 14 yr olds wearing Dead Kennedy t-shirts...

In closing, don't be upset, not trying to usurp anything, just trying to give props to your penchant for hi-speed hijinx in the middle of cropfields, and probably also trying to say: "Wish I was there"

BTW.... recognize the bumper?
DSCF6.jpg

Well put Gil ...

I guess I did not see the decal as "credit" stolen from anyone either. I saw the sarcasm directed at others at the T4T parade. I'm sure Brad had no desire to steal any "credit" for Corn-Cross.

As far as the MWC's involvement, even though most members were not involved, some were. Consequently, the MWC and NAXJA for that matter, has been asscoiated with this event.

As I now would back up those involved in Corn-Cross (after knowing most of the facts) ... I'll back Brad for his outstanding "nose rub".

Les

what makes it funny is the fact that some of "those" that jumped on the flogwagon and talked trash about the whole situation are the same ones now trolling this chapter's board and have never apologized for all the spewage they spilled...

Frag 'em...

They know who they are...

As for me... I'm off to Alsip this weekend...

jeeplas said:
It's an inside joke with Great Lakes Jeep Thing. It's some words on a jeep, no big deal, made some people laugh. Sorry we offended you.

It is Kd4lyf's jeep.

ONE TON was there.

the point he is trying to make, is that corncross is HIS inside joke, not yours, remanufactured. He is entitled to his opinion, showing an attitude about the post is silly.

I'm not as upset about it as he is, but I'll tell you guys this:

If yer gonna run with something that you didn't have envolvement with, you'd better learn to suck it up when the guys who were there give you shit about it.

so suck it up.

lesslimited said:
Lighten up Francis :D

Someone let the GLJT guys know about corncross. They jumped to a bunch of mostly wrong conclusions:

thats a no-shitter.

too bad any of the sactimonious pricks that falsey accused couldn't find the balls to apologize for thier grossly mis-placed allegations

and dug will still get his

Hi-larious.
Great Lakes Vote Thing.
It's not a bad site, but I hear through the grapevine that they are slipping in the Top4x4 rankings, and may be pulled from the spring schedule if they don't get the votes.
They have some OK cats, but then again, SeanR is a 'sponsored member', whatever that entails.
Regardless, I am an advocate of telling one's own stories.
If you need to borrow from others' adventures, take a look around and make some changes.
:sunshine:

Last edited:
Gil BullyKatz said:
Getting called on the carpet? Only if I was munching on some...
So what are you trying to say?
That I shouldn't stand up for my friends?
That I shouldn't remind other people to shut their trap before they check the facts or rush to conclusions?

C'mon BG, You of all people know what it's like when people start snowballing stories about what they THINK happened at gatherings of friends...

I mean hell, weren't you guys trying to steal TJ doors and running up and down my block naked or something... :D

The only thing I learned about that night is that dug can go from the standing position to FLOUNDER in about 3.5 seconds.

just say uncle and I will quit licking.

since its corncross...

the Indiana corn growers expect to be invited to the next one...

mac 'represent' gyvr

Flowers said:
Thank You OneTon!

give me five on the black hand side.

cheers,

jj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back