• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase drop questions

clay

NAXJA Forum User
I recently finished installing my RE 3.5" lift. Tried to drive it and it made some pretty bad noices (driveline). Installed a tcase lowering kit. Most of the noices went away (I still think there is a problem but a lesser one). After I installed the tcase lowering kit and drove it a little it started leaking antifreeze and oil (I'm assuming these problems are unrelated but not sure).

My question is, what mechanical problems does/will lowering the tcase cause?

Also, if anyone knows a good driveline place in the Sacramento area I'd like to get this fixed properly.

clay

I'm not one for T-case drop kits. Along with the tcase, you're angling the transmission and engine downward in a direction they were not intended to be. I had one and took it out as it messed up my transmission linkages. There are many that would argue with me and probably will :gag: but that's my opinion. The most effective way to resolve your driveline issues, if that is what you are describing, is to install an SYE. Good Luck

That is more or less what I thought. You are not just lowering the tcase but changing the angle of the transmission and thus the engine.

If anyone knows a good driveline place in the Sacramento area let me know.

clay

I would defianatly just go with the slip yoke eliminator before you spend any money at a shop when there gonna tell you to get it anyway. I don't trust those t-case spacers too much. My RE are holding up for now, but my buddy had rough country rubber spacers on his xj, and one day ofter class walken to the jeep, he sees the t-case on the ground. Rubber had split i guess leaving nothing but a gap between the bolt and crossmember.

Back