• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How high can I go with stock upper control arms?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am lifting some more this weekend and was wondering how high I can go with stock Upper control arms. I have Teraflex Adj lowers and I am going to try for 4.5 to 6.5" some where in that range. Is this doable with stock uppers.
Thanks as always you guys rock

you might be able to get the lift on there but your caster is gonna be way off, your front driveshaft really ain't gonna like the new angle at all.

Eric

I would say the lca's at 3.5" and uca's at 4.5" My $.02

Justin

i'm running rustys 4.5 kit with 1 3/4 spacers, 3/4 shackles,rustys lca's and stock uppers. my caster isn't off too bad and my front driveshaft is fine. I do have some nasty 'bump-steer/deathwobble" crap but rusty said UCA's probably wouldn't help so i had to get a second stabilizer and about 50 alignment/wheel balances and it still shakes when i hit bumps in the road

I agree with the others that the stock up will work up to 4" or so. IMO, it's a good idea to go with aftermarket arms when you go past 3". When you go past 4 1/2", your highway ride will suffer. That's when a change in geometry to drop brackets are long arms make sense. Pinion angle/castor issues will be an issue with all of the above.

Don't forget your rear driveshaft length. The stock equipment will handle 3" lifts, but once you go above that, you need to address the driveshaft length, yoke design and vibrations.

Back