• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK I searched anyone got a link for a 5.0 ford E4od in to a cherokee

I have been collecting parts for a 5.0, AOD, 203, 205 swap. There are very few 5.0 swaps that I know of. One guy in NC did it but have not been able to find his site lately. And Z and M were working on a engine mount kit. That is about all I can tell you right now.

it funny that people want to ditch the 4.0 and i want to stick the 4.0 into my CJ because the stock I4 is gutless and i laready know how to do almost everything on the 4.0L

90KrawlerXJ said:
This is a rather expensive (although unique and cool) set-up to pursue. Why not just throw in a much cheaper small block Chevy and TH 350or400?

Well, the chevy is heavyer, the 5.0 and aod I got for $150, the 203 for $27, and the 205 for free., Hmmmmmm, So far that is about $400 - $500 cheaper than the cheapest SBC arround here. And I have a full drivetrain not just an engine! Yes it will be a lot of work. Yes it is a long term project. And Yes the 203/205 combo will counter the weight I saved in the engine. However, I really like the 5.0. I have had them in 3 or 4 different trucks. It is reliable as hell and buildable too boot.

XJ_ranger said:
it funny that people want to ditch the 4.0 and i want to stick the 4.0 into my CJ because the stock I4 is gutless and i laready know how to do almost everything on the 4.0L

Ummm, NO! THis is going in an 86. And if you look at my sig you would know I run a I-4 84 now! :)

I m asking cause I got ta 5.0 E4OD and a tcasof a 91 Bronco
the rest of the bronco is crap and V6 XJ are worth nada around here
make a great project
now I need and older XJ
anyone want to donate the XJ for me
I give ya props in Moab next year :)

Back