• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear swing-out tire carrier for stock bumper?

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if anybody out there is making these? I've seen a few, but could never find out where they came from. I don't want the factory swing-out. I need something a little beefier.

From what I've been able to glean it's a homebrew job involving welding extension tubes off a rear hitch to where you want the bearing to go through your corner cap. I know GoJeep's done a few, but other than that, I've not seen anything for sale. HTH

Send me your email and I will send you pictures of how I did mine off the rear hitch and kept the rear bumper intact.

i seen a cherokee the other day that had a weird tubular setup. i was on expressway and couldn't keep w/the guy to check it out more. looked like a cheesy bolt on setup but it did the trick.

Motorman, this sounds like my kind of project. Could you please send me a copy at: [email protected]

Thanks The Lazy One

Lore5 said:
At http://www.consolesandcarriers.com.au/
there are no picks of the tire carrier on an xj.
Plus what are the prices.

Here's my consoles and carriers one.

aab.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

Cost me about $700AUD, which is about $500AUD (if not more) less than a replacement bar and carrier here in Australia

Cheers
Steve

I know I owe a bunch of people pictures of my tire carrier. Been busy at work and class, I will get to sending pictures this weekend. Sorry for delay.

Lore5 said:
Holy Crap, $542 for that thing. I might as well just buy a new bumpr, get more protection, and look way cooler.

I was waiting for that ;) you cannot make a direct dollar comparision, as an example the XJ new here cost about $44000 for the sport. Maybe the average wage in Aus is higher than the US. Of course this means its not worthwhile you guys importing from us. Like I said a replacement bar here is about $1000AUD without the carrier.

Cheers
Steve

Back