• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock krawler coils?

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
anybody running Rock krawler coils? im piecing together my lift and ride comfort isnt a concern. is anybody running these? how much lift did they actually give you? should i expect more or less than advertised? any input is greatly appreciated!

I have a rock krawlerz l.a. kit. I realy like the coils, but there leafs are not to good. Both have sagged some, but the coils ride really well, and are very flexy. I have yet to see any long arm kit that you can buy that flexes as well. I know RK got a very bad name a fex years ago, but I really like mine. The only thing I would do is go with diffrent leafs. You didn't say what size lift you are shooting for, mine is the 8 inch, and has saged 1.5 to 2 inches (35s fit perfectly if you have cut fenders).Hope this is what your looking for.

I dont run them but I have talked to several who do. They seem to be pretty good. Really soft for highway, def. want to run a swaybar. But flex great. Like I said just what I have been told.

im looking at their 4.5" coils. im going to run 33x12.50's and i dont mind a little trimming. so are they as soft as RE coils? i have a couple friends with RE stuff and they seem really soft. how do they compare or do they?

from what I have seen of RE coils these are softer. I do run a swaybar, but I have a little more lift than you want. Like I said before, they flex better than any kit coils I have seen. I would recomend them if you are looking for the flex, and very soft ride. If you are not going to run a sway bar, then maybe look for a spring that is not as soft.

i run RE 4.5" coils and have to agree they are very soft and flexy.. they started at 6" (with a 3/4" spacer on them) and settled to 5.5" in about a month.. been that way since may of this year.... a little too soft to run on the street with no swaybar (as i do, but its not the daily driver)
clayton offroad runs strictly RK coils in their stuff.. i know several rigs that run his stuff and it is a very flexy setup and hear no complaints about the ride quality.

thanks for the help guys. ill have a set coming my way first thing in the morning!

can anyone tell who sell rock krawler coils??

Back