• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials

psiggz

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone drive Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials? How do the run on the Highway? I need somethign for highway driving but still want soemthing tready enough. Let me know!

I run them. They're really quiet and run really well on the highway. The traction on dirt and rocks is great, but they chunk bad in sharp rocks. I haven't tried them out in mud.

Well its all who you ask I guess, but I have a buddy with a set on a Wrangler, and they are perhaps the loudest tires I've ever heard on the highway. They do go like hell in the mud though. They only have a 2 ply sidewall, I believe, so this may be an issue if you see a lot of rocks.

I have a set and have put about 3,000 miles on them. They are wearing acceptably, but there are some chunks from rocks and what not. If you care about street manners though be warned, they are louder than my buddies SSR's and drive like crap in the rain. But off road its basically point and shoot

Try Interco's TRXUS if you want a good all-arounder. Especially if you ever see snow. I believe the sidewall is tougher also but I'm not sure. These are the quietest mud terrain I've ever driven on and they rock offroad. Cheaper too as an added bonus

Truxs for daily driver and off-roader. I've got about 30,000 miles on them with plenty of tread left (about 3/4's left). they are great in the mud, quiet on the street, fantastic in snow and rain. I've run TSLs, and BFG mud and at's. The TRUXS beats them all.

i run the Baja Claw Radials. My XJ is also my DD. road sound is not that bad. Remeber the saying....if it's too loud, your too old! I run mostly in mud. they do pretty good. I still believe its more the driver than the tire. I also have the Classic (imitation) Beadlocks. Makes my junk look good. I am a happy customer. no regrets.

I run baja claw radials,31x10.5, 50 mile round trip drive to/from work everyday, weekend trail riding. I will never own a different tire for my Jeep , these are wearing minimallly for an offroad tire, are great in mud,snow,and anything else I've driven in/on. They are much quieter than the super swampers I had, not quiet just quieter. I like them a lot and recommend them to anyone who asks.

I agree with the trXus. JIM.

I ran a set of 33's for a while. As they wore down they got louder, MUCH louder. They chunked up a little in the rocks, but what I didn't like was the sideways sliding I would get from them sometimes when I was in the rocks and had about 1/4 of a tire "hanging on". They had a tendency to slide off where the MT/R's I run now (35's) stick. This was running them at 10 psi.

They did great in mud, loose dirt and such though.

Without trimming yes. what wheels?

I put new 31's on my wifes XJ and drove from Indiana to Moab and back loaded heavy with our camping gear [you all know what that does to the two-in], wheeled seven trails while out there [including Kane Creek Canyon and Hey Joe Canyon]. The trials chunked them pretty bad, the highway ate the fronts up. All be switching back to BFGs.

I've been runing 35" mickeys for a year and half and have had no probs on the highway at all. In fact, other than the noise - they run really well. Are you locked? I wore into mine pretty quick with a welded diff.

I've been running 35" baja claws for a year and a half and they run really well - other than noise, they have given me no worries at all. I wore into mine rpetty quick with my welded diff.

someone's got to say it -

BFG All Terrains. Best of all the tires ive ridden with (for a DD).

kyv53

quiet, great traction off road, offered in many sizes, ive had these for 30,000k now and have about 1/2 tread left...

Back