• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshafts..?

Codeman

NAXJA Forum User
I am buying an old xj laredo, 2.8 selectrac- not sure of the year. Looks to be 80's. The rear driveshaft is different from the one I have (94 xj sport). Will it fit? I am buying it for parts- cheap! i wouldn't mind having a spare, but this one looks like a cv or something. Its not solid end to end. Anyone know anything about it?

i had an 85 parts rig last year, and i know the shaft your talking about.. the t/case output has a fixed yoke and the rear shaft has a slip joint in it.. i think that T/case is a NP 228 or 229, but not positive there, but i know its not the NP 242. i never got into measuring the shaft and comparing the output yoke for compatability with a home-brew SYE but its worth looking into if you have the parts now... that shaft isnt compatible with your current configuration, but a lil research will tell you if its worth keeping.. i'd still keep it though....

Back