• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Decided to add more stopping power

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Fired up the machines this weekend and came up with this.

1053412039_disc2.jpg

1053412072_disc1.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMN!
What calipers are those?

Just your run of the mill 3/4 ton chevy fronts. I couldn't find any brackets that were 3/8" thick that were bolt on so I decided to make a pattern. Still have to do minor caliper grinding to fit 15" rims on, but it's nothing to worry about.

I don't know what's up with montypics right now, seems as though the site is down.

Sean

,..inquireing minds want to know also ..err those caliper brackets, what was the type of material for the back-plate ,.. mild steel and cut with your favorite plasma cutter ?-TIA
BILLXJ

The brackets are just mild steel.

I don't own a plasma cutter yet, I'll have one towards the end of the fall this year.

They were cut on my favorite cnc mill:cool:

Sean

..mild steel it is then. Here I am just the other day agonizing over the economical prospect of haveing to order an axle backing plate for my 8.8 from one of our local "stealer-ships" at some enormous cost($130.00)! and now,. at the Mod forum with .NAXJA + One TonXJ's creative option,..I again have been able to see the light at the end of the tunnel for my XJ project.Will be on the way tommorow down to the metal supplier for some 3/8" mild steel of my own - Way to go!
BTW,..no emergency brake hook-up?
BILLXJ

I'm gonna do an ebrake off the tcase one of these days. My regular ebrake never worked so it's not going to cause me to do anything different than I already do. Find your scrap yard, it's too expensive to get plate at the metal supply. I picked up 3 hunks of 3/8 plate 24"x11" appx. and paid $15. Remember a steel supply charges you a cut charge that you never think about.

Chris, thanks for the compliment. I'm thinkin' you should take next thurs- sun off and head up to nacfest with me.

Sean

Here's another shot for ya, just the bracket. Hmmm, wonder what color I'm gonna paint 'em?

Sean

1053556174_disc3.jpg

Back