• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you consider a deadbeat buyer?

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
personally....I think it's someone that says they will take it for sure, or tells you to hold it for them for a week or however long, then tells you they aren't going to take it.

It just got me thinking because I was having a conversation with a seller about buying some of his stuff. I said...rough quotes "I'm very interested, and I am going to plan on a trip to take a look at your stuff this weekend." That's the most that I said as to wheater or not I was taking the stuff. I never said I'm going to take it, or asked him to hold it for me...just a potential buyer. I told him the following morning I wasn't going to buy his things. Not a week later or anything.

Then I saw him post his stuff up again whining about having a deadbeat buyer or two with his things....would you consider me a dead beat in this situation...???

Sooo...just a thought, and felt like typing. _nicko_

Nope. No promises, no handshake ==> no deal.

I hate the people who call on a vehicle for sale, say they'll definitely be there Saturday morning to look at it ... and that's the last you ever hear from them. Then there's the guy I thought I was buying (bartering) a trailer from. The deal was he needed a set of helper springs installed in his F-250 pickup. He had an old, beat-up snowmobile trailer he wanted to get rid of, so we shook on a deal: I would install the spring kit when he got it from the local spring shop, and my "fee" was the trailer.

I met him at the town transfer station ("dump") a couple of weeks later and asked him about the spring kit. He cheerfully said it was all in, once he got it he decided he could handle it. And he sold "my" trailer to some stranger for $100.

THAT's a deadbeat.

Back