• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE lower control arm issue

mdwatkins

NAXJA Forum User
I lost a shock this weekend, so while replacing it I gave things a look over and noticed that my RE lower control arm has shifted. By shifted I mean that the arm as moved to one side of the bushing and the bushing is bulging out of place on the other...This is on the rear mount on the frame....Anyone else run ino this problem?

control%20arm.JPG

Grey being the mount, red the bushing and blue the control arm....this would be the normal set up...

control%20arm2.JPG

This is what it currently looks like...shifted completely to one side while the bushing bulges out...

Matt

Wasnt mine to fix,I suggested a good set of new bushings(Moog/Napa)!As the earlier thread suggested they (RE) are dependent on their suppliers quality!

Was out on another run yesterday and found three more sets of CA's with bad bushings!A call to RE tomorrow is definately going to be made!One of the other rigs that has my 3-4 year old arms still looks fine!

Back