• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aero-Turbine exhuast?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
can i ask why?
like i said i've never heard of them before, but i'm going to try and find out more about them, not sure i beleave it either. it's like that tornado for your intake.

I think it would work same thing with a throttle body spacer it turbines the air going into that air intake manifold. I would then when your jeep exhails it would do the same thing. I think it would work and I would be willing to try it

The best way to improve exhaust scavenging is with a properly designed exhaust header. Why? This allows the use of the exhaust pulses exiting the cylinder head to create a "partial vacuum" at the collector, which then pulls the next puls out (and repeating the process ad infinitum when the engine is operating at the speed for which the header is designed.) The only real problem with this is that you have to know the optimal operating speed of the engine to design the header - but most of the work is done for you. Borla, Banks, and probably PaceSetter and Hooker have all done the engineering for you, and I haven't taken any measurements yet but I think the OEMR header you already have done a good job.

If you want a quick and easy increase in exhaust flow, start by opening up the restrictions you already have - the catalytic converter and the muffler. I replaced my exhaust parts (when the time came) with "universal" parts that were listed for use with Big Block Chevvy engines, and that was worth a notable increase as measured with the Butt Dyno. It's been a while, so I don't remember the BD readings, but between the cost of the parts, the percieved increase in power and response, and the nice exhaust note I got, I'm not complaining. Cost? About $70 for the converter and $20 for the muffler, and about anothe $20 in pipe and fittings (plus $5 for the muffler shop to weld the old converter flange to a piece of pipe for me, since I'm too far out of practise to weld well...) I'd do it again.

Bear in mind that anytime you allow the exhaust gas to cool off in the pipe, it slows down and that results in lower scavenge rates. Want to increase scavenging? While you are changing parts belowdecks, use some Thermo-Tec wrap between the cylinder head and the catalytic converter to keep temperatures up in the pipe!

5-90

Customer Testimonial
1992 Jeep Cherokee 4.0

My son told me about your mufflers because I was always complaining about my terrible gas mileage. I didn’t want my jeep to be loud but I decided to try it for the increase he was talking about. I have had them on my jeep for about three months now and have noticed a increase in gas mileage of about 2 miles to the gallon. I have recently received the best gas mileage that I have ever got on the highway. 15mpg

While it is a little louder but I cant complain with mileage like this.

Hahahahhahahah..... I beat that on nearly a daily basis... thats more like my city economy....

3030 Muffler - Truck and SUV 3030 - 3.0" in, 3.0" out $196.00 $196.00

I THINK NOT!!!
i'll stick with my flowmaster 50 series... that muffler alone was almost the cost of my whole exhaust system +i nstallation

thanks thats what i thought just thought i'd ceck it out see what you all thought. thanks for the input.

They look nice but I don't see them performing any better than any other "straight through" type of muffler such as the Magnaflow and the Dynomax Ultraflo

Double posting (posting the same question) is against the forum rules. So is intentionally posting on an incorrect forum when you know where a post belongs (such as starting off with "I know this belongs on another forum but ...")

Your post with the same question is being removed from OEM because it obviously does not pertain to OEM tech. Sorry, but you might as well play by the same rules the rest of us have to follow.

Well everything they say is semi-true. Of course it's also true for just about any straight through performance muffler like Dyno said. The only difference I can see if the temperature would be slightly lower because it can't bounce around like a normal muffler would allow. It would also be smoother and wouldn't vibrate as much for the same reason. However, neither of those have any contributions to anything. I honestly think my magnaflow sounds better when it's warmer. I bet that muffler is louder than magnaflow too.

Back