• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1462 pack install problem....

JasonY

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of installing this spring pack on my 89 XJ and these bastards are like 4" too short, the closest I can even make them get by moving the rear shackle and pressing the spring to flex is like 2". Im out of idea's and have searched already...any idea's????? I have some tera-flex shackles but i dont want the 1.5" of lift since i only have ~5" up front dont need 7" in the rear....argh..

Jason

I used a jack under the axle to compress the leaf until it reached. I remember it was tough. Definately helps to have someone there lending a hand. I added extended shackles a week later and it was a piece of cake. good luck

JasonY said:
I've tried that, i end up lifting the jeep off the effing jack stands....

Jason

Dude, there is a bright side... My F'ing bolts in the front are so rusted in I cant bust them loose...Afarid I snap on of the bolts off on the inside of the frame rail. And I've seen them out on another rig (the bolts that is), if it breaks its DEFINATELY gonna hurt something...

go to yuccaman.com he has a write up on it.

SUCCESS AT LAST!!! Im not sure how to describe how i did it, just a little time, 2 jacks, 3' pry bar, 2 pry bar, and my favorite tool of all, a HAMMER! These spring packs are insane, i can lift the friggin jeep up and they dont even flex 1/4"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm.....? now what.....

Jason

had the same problem with Rusty's 4.5" . removed one leaf until they settled enough to put it back. just something to try. i also had to use an extended shackle to get them off the sheet metal around the shackle.

G' luck

Back