• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sub Enclosure

Dan1990XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to mount a 10" Sony Xplod in the useless space in the rear panel on the passenger side of my 90 XJ. I know that there use to be a kit, but they don't make it anymore and i was wondering if anyone has done this on their own and could help me with plans for mine.

A friend of mine who runs a car audio shop put one in for me. He followed the line of the indent and glassed the hole and then attached a front particleboard. He then attached a covered that would fit over the front of the sub with a type of expanded metal (to prevent heavy objects hitting the sub) and covered it with black cloth. He then matched the color of the vinyl and cover the particleboard. He then used sheet metal screws to attach it to the body. The issue with this setup is that the sub can’t be too deep. If I remember correctly I have a 10” eclipse. Hope this helps!

CW

Back