• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uneven after lift install

BskisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Finally finished, well almost done. Need to put on steering stabilizer and get alignment.

Anyway, I put on a new set of Rustys 3.5" rear leafs w/ a set of RE shackles. Front has a set of 4" lifted ZJ coils that is supposed to give about 5" for XJ's. Doestch Tech shocks front & rear. After putting it all on the drivers side is sitting 1" higher in front & back then the passenger side.

I hear one possibility could be the front springs not being seated properly. Ok, I would accept this for the front, But why would the rear be higher on one side then the other??

Bad springs in the rear?...Did Rusty's send you the wrong spring pack?...Check your leafs make sure you didn't install one side opposite or something, I'm not sure if that would cause that...if you use blocks maybe you forgot them...Add-a-Leafs? I'm sure you've checked all this a 100 times over trying to figure out what could be causing it...got pics?

A picture is worth a thousand words....

It could just be the front causing the whole issue as maybe the driver side spring could be forcing the xj over...try leveling just the front and see if that cures it...put just the front on jackstands on the frame with no wieght on the axel...

Will have pics tomorrow, Took them today put had problems installing them on PC, driver probs. Was off to work after that.

A friend that has experience with lifts helped me with the install. The leafs were matching, and yes they were both put on correctly, something my buddy pointed out. I think it was, measure from the center pin out and the shorter side goes toward the front. Both shackles are pointing in the same direction. And both shackles are pointing in the same direction.

Will also try putting on jack stands.

Loosen all the hardware and do a drive around to let everything settle out(on level ground) then re-torque everything!

Do what RCP PHx said first. I did but it didn't help me. Springs are seated properly. I have the same problem as you after the lift i just installed. My front end is not level and it brings the whole side down. A search will bring up some other people having the same problem. Might be your coils. I just bought a spacer that I'm going to toss in to even it out.

xjfish said:
Do what RCP PHx said first. I did but it didn't help me. Springs are seated properly. I have the same problem as you after the lift i just installed. My front end is not level and it brings the whole side down. A search will bring up some other people having the same problem. Might be your coils. I just bought a spacer that I'm going to toss in to even it out.

After all is said and done I'll probably have to do the same. But man the springs are huge. Can only imagine trying to stuff a spacer in then re-mounting them.

either live with it or take the front apart, spin the spring, usually the high side. I had a lowered S-10, and my friends always joked about it's "southside lean". I could never get it to sit level, the pass side was always 1/2" lower. Had the springs out numerous times even swapped side to side.. always sat funny. I never noticed it at stock height. But the front caused the back to look the same. I would check the springs and possibly swap side-to-side...

track bar? a tock one would pull teh passenger side down...

Back