• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this be a good tranny cooler?

That is a good price for that size cooler, they are normally upwards of $50, I put it one about half that size and it works fine, that may be overkill....I've also heard that over-cooling can be an issue...may be wrong on that

I used the Hayden 1405 and it works great. I think the 1403 your looking at is bigger. Just make sure it will fit right.

Just buy one locally. If you have a problem and need a replacement, it'll be more difficult to deal with Ebay than a parts store, maybe more painful though.

Also, try and get one with some kind of tabs on there already to make mounting easier. The cheezy zip ties they provide are worthless IMHO. Take some time a fab up some mounts and do it right.

Fergie

Not to hijack the thread, but how does this unit compare to the OEM one? I'm specifically looking at this unit since Jeepsareus doesn't have any more in stock. Note that the cooler in this application is intended to keep temperatures down more in daily use and moderate wheeling than for towing or carrying heavy loads - though I do do both of those occasionally.

Back