• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD II Scanner issue

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
I have an OBD II scanner that works great. Great on Ford, and GM cars. Gives me all the codes on those. But not on Chrysler products.
The plug fits my Jeep fine, but I just keep getting "Err" on the screen.
I have tried this on 3 other Chrysler vehicles. Caravan, Neon, and one other Jeep. They all came up with the error screen.
Do chrysler vehicles need a special adapter to run codes on OBD II scanners? Or is my scanner being difficult?

Thanks folks.

bustednutz said:
I have an OBD II scanner that works great. Great on Ford, and GM cars. Gives me all the codes on those. But not on Chrysler products.
The plug fits my Jeep fine, but I just keep getting "Err" on the screen.
I have tried this on 3 other Chrysler vehicles. Caravan, Neon, and one other Jeep. They all came up with the error screen.
Do chrysler vehicles need a special adapter to run codes on OBD II scanners? Or is my scanner being difficult?

Thanks folks.

I think Chrysler runs on a different plug set up, but not 100% sure. Every time I see a scanner it seems Chrysler is in it's own little world.

Is it a consumer item or a shop/pro item? The more sophisticated ones are/can be vehicle specific.
I bought an Innova 3100 that works on all you listed.
Have you tried talking to the company and asking them?

Chrysler's communication interface, like most european & japanese makes, follows ISO 9141 specs. Ford & GM don't. Even the pin assignment used in the Data Link Connector is different; so maybe your scanner just only supports GM & Ford.
Considering this, I think Chrysler's world is larger.

Last edited:
Back