• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check this beast out

I gotta keep reminding myself to keep the 'burb stock and modify the Jeep... that machine only makes it harder to stay focused!

What makes it even better. It's drivetrain is all mopar twin turbo cummins 5speed tranny, and dana 60 front dana 80 rear. GO MA!!!!!!:peace:

WOW! My only question is, How in the world do those axles hold that kind of power? I have not done the math, butt would that not be some what like running 38's with 500 ft.lbs of touqh on a 30/35 axle combo. Yes I know that a dana 60/80 are huge, but with 44 inch tires, and 3400 foot pounds of torque. This is insane. Bad ass.

junkxj said:
WOW! My only question is, How in the world do those axles hold that kind of power? I have not done the math, butt would that not be some what like running 38's with 500 ft.lbs of touqh on a 30/35 axle combo. Yes I know that a dana 60/80 are huge, but with 44 inch tires, and 3400 foot pounds of torque. This is insane. Bad ass.

It only has 4.10 gears. That puts way less stress on the axleshafts and more on everything in front of them.

ok. question. If money were no option, is it possible to swap in a turbo diesil into an XJ? I mean a real deisel. Not the 3 cyclinder. Maybe a ford turbo deisel? Or a Cummins or powerstroke? I know the engines aren't cheap and pretty much everything would have to be switched over, but, if you found an older deisel xj, could u swap to a bigger deisel? I know it'd be a project and a half, but, could it be done? Would the motor fit? Drivetrain and all?
Tylor

Back