• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster Question

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know what size 40 Series you all used because I cant find any that come close to fitting with my stock Tailpipe. I measured that the stocker is 25" long (Overall) and with a 3.25" offset (From the middle of the pipe). All of the flowmasters Ive been finding are 19" long at the longest and the offset isnt even listed. Im dealing with Summit so if you have a part number that'd be great. If not, what do I need to do to make the stock tail pipe work with a flowmaster?

Starboard M said:
I got mine from Rustys off road. Fit perfectly.

Same here... Only problem I have is that it's a tad close to my driveshaft, gonna have to modify it a little bit

MX, you'll need adapters to fit the tailpipe to the muffler, assuming the Flowmaster isn't 2" in/out. You also need what is called a "spout" that is a pipe extension to run between the (shorter) muffler and tailpipe. Spouts are usually 12" long; you can cut to size. Pep Boys has a good assortment, as do most auto parts stores.

Centrevillemx said:
I need to know what size 40 Series you all used because I cant find any that come close to fitting with my stock Tailpipe. I measured that the stocker is 25" long (Overall) and with a 3.25" offset (From the middle of the pipe). All of the flowmasters Ive been finding are 19" long at the longest and the offset isnt even listed. Im dealing with Summit so if you have a part number that'd be great. If not, what do I need to do to make the stock tail pipe work with a flowmaster?

look through a fm catalog. first find series, then go by the size/inlet/outlet.
example: when ive gotten mine i just say, 2.25 center inlet/ 2.25 offset outlet. then let them find the part number.

-g

Back