• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

serious mud shot

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
tight!
this is rediculus
waynemud2.JPG

waynemud3.JPG

waynemud4.JPG

i have to salute this guy:patriot:
check out the website http://jjoo3.tripod.com

how nice it would be to be back in CA again... i miss trees

well i guess thats what i get for getting cheap school in Nebraska

NOT ME, give me mud and a trail. wheres that picture taken? of course it is really pretty there, and one day i will go there and tear up my jeep
BrettM said:
I'll take this any day:
P8070684.jpg

I'll take both, muds fun but hard to clean. Rocks are fun but can try to eat your fenders...

Ramsey said:
NOT ME, give me mud and a trail. wheres that picture taken? of course it is really pretty there, and one day i will go there and tear up my jeep
that's the rubicon, right near where you split off to go down the slabs or old sluice.

mud is fun for about 5 minutes, then you realize there is no challenge to just pushing the gas and hoping you don't get stuck :flipoff2:

whats the deal with the finger. ever been down a trail full of mud with ruts and hills, theres a tad more than giving it throttle, not much more, but its fun to be able to get kinda crazy and not worry about breakign shit. rocks are very fun, and i prefer them over mud, i just dont know about rocks like that. i will definetly have to try those in the upcoming years

Yeah i agree mud is fun, but the clean up is a PITA and it gets old. I dream about the day when i can get out west and hit some "real trails". I would love to get to moab again and california. i envy you left coasters for your wheeling.
Chris

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks there's nothing more to "mud" than a wet patch in a field or a low spot along a trail that has collected some water. Come for a run through the woods of the midwest along a riverbluff or in and out of draws and hollows. There are few things more challenging than snaking your rig between XJ-size spaced trees as you strive to maintain a delicate balance of momentum, tire speed and directional control while climbing a steep and off-camber hill. It's all good. I've done some rocks (one much, much too short week-long trip to Moab has been the best so far) and found it to be great fun. But rocks aren't better than any other kind of wheeling in my opinion - just different.
Just my unsolicited $.02

CLb33fyXJ said:
Yeah i agree mud is fun, but the clean up is a PITA and it gets old. I dream about the day when i can get out west and hit some "real trails". I would love to get to moab again and california. i envy you left coasters for your wheeling.
Chris
your at kings point!?! two friends of mine are there - Greg Forthuber and John Smith. know them?

Back