• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want your opinion

Yes it is worth the time, but you already know my opinion on this one. But honostly, you're Jeep is what you make it. If YOU want to do that, if YOU want to put the time into it, you shouldn't let anyone tell you otherwise. Everything I do to my Jeep is because I want to do it. I don't do it because I want people to like it more (although it is a plus when I see people oogling). I'm going to try to bondo/fiberglass some stuff in my Jeep too.

It is worth the time if you like it. And always remember "Jeeps are built, not bought."

I think that looks awesome dude, but I totally agree with Osprey. Everyone has to be passionate about something and if that something is jeeps or just automotives for that matter, then make it your own. It's just a jeep until you put yourself into it.

Yeah man, i agree. i think it looks awesome, i wish that i had the time to do it too. i really like the smooth finish, and the speakers and tweets look killer. hows the glare off the dash?? :roll:

i dont get it what iam i looking for?? the audio setup..if so i dig the poo out of it...were can i get some kick panels like that..iam all about hardcore tunes in mine too..||charles||

depends where ther sun is lol, whats really kewl is you can see everything you drive under reflected on dash- just i have to carry around swiffer cloths so i cant wipe the dust off all the time

looks good, if that is what you want.
I would not have that set up in my XJ, but it would be cool in my DD!
I cant even keep the bushwackers on mine, I would hat to see what I would do to that interior!

I think it looks nice too, I just wonder about the safety with the dash being reflective like that. Like stated previously, the glare issue. It truly does look nice and professional too. What else have you done to your Jeep?

dallas xjs said:
i dont get it what iam i looking for?? the audio setup..if so i dig the poo out of it...were can i get some kick panels like that..iam all about hardcore tunes in mine too..||charles||
- all the panels that were black plastic are now sanded and fiberglassed and body fillered- one helluva time sanding and painting to get a completly redone front section- look a lil closer- steering colum, dash, radio bezel, kicks, ashtry, shifter covers, gauge pillars, instrument panel surrond, and still more laying in garage- you wont find those kick panels anywhere else- unless you start off with q-logic panels and then put obout 12 hrs worth of work into em

Atl XJ said:
I think it looks nice too, I just wonder about the safety with the dash being reflective like that. Like stated previously, the glare issue. It truly does look nice and professional too. What else have you done to your Jeep?
- its been like this for a month now and glare has been no problen whatsoever, im strating from the front back- college budget so its kinda tight- center console is in the works now, roof line is done all the trim that holds the headliner up down to the window line is also painted same way- i just hate getting the texture out of the stock peices to get it smooth---

So do you think it would be possible to acheive the same look just by sticking some bondo on the plastic? Or would you have to use the fiberglass first? And what paint did you use?

hjeepxj said:
So do you think it would be possible to acheive the same look just by sticking some bondo on the plastic? Or would you have to use the fiberglass first? And what paint did you use?
bondo wont just stick to plastic- i sanded all the tehe texture down with 40 grit, the worked bondo in very light layers making sure it got worked in nicely, this lift it semi smooth, some, not all peices were fiberglassed, dash for strength, at left and right side of "hump" where the gauges are- with out that, the bondo would pull apart and leave an nasty crack, remote holder was buitl up with bondo and gauge pod on a-pillar was glassed as well as 90% of kicks- lines thatran vertically down radio bezel were filled in with bondo- after evrything was semo smooth, as far as sanding bondo goes (not fun- went through 3 respirator cartridges so far) the hi- build primer from select products was used to fill in small imperfections, sanding more primer. primer sand, primer sealer, regular automotive primer, then off to the tech schools autobody class to have it painted at cost of paint- i painted it- just i got to use all the fancy stuff- as far as what kind of paint? i have no clue- i doubt its extremely fancy paint just average black automotive

dothedew24_7 said:
bondo wont just stick to plastic- i sanded all the tehe texture down with 40 grit, the worked bondo in very light layers making sure it got worked in nicely, this lift it semi smooth, some, not all peices were fiberglassed, dash for strength, at left and right side of "hump" where the gauges are- with out that, the bondo would pull apart and leave an nasty crack, remote holder was buitl up with bondo and gauge pod on a-pillar was glassed as well as 90% of kicks- lines thatran vertically down radio bezel were filled in with bondo- after evrything was semo smooth, as far as sanding bondo goes (not fun- went through 3 respirator cartridges so far) the hi- build primer from select products was used to fill in small imperfections, sanding more primer. primer sand, primer sealer, regular automotive primer, then off to the tech schools autobody class to have it painted at cost of paint- i painted it- just i got to use all the fancy stuff- as far as what kind of paint? i have no clue- i doubt its extremely fancy paint just average black automotive

Good info! :cheers:

How bout I just post the pics on here- that'd make it a lot easier!
482928_49_full.jpg
482928_50_full.jpg
482928_51_full.jpg
482928_58_full.jpg
482928_52_full.jpg
482928_53_full.jpg
482928_47_full.jpg
482928_55_full.jpg
482928_56_full.jpg
482928_57_full.jpg
482928_48_full.jpg
482928_46_full.jpg

Hey if that's your thing, go for it. I'de love to find some kick-panel replacements for my Comanche like those *drool*.

I know I'd have to be super careful on the trail, but it's about functionality, then show for me, so a few scratches wouldn't bother me.

Not sure about the gloss on the dash, but I'm sure it looks great when clean. overall, I'd give it a thumbs up. if you spend a bunch of time inside your Jeep, you might as well enjoy the view and sounds while you're there.:thumbup:

:cheers: that looks sweet. its something I have never realy thought about doing but now that i've seen it....... but who am i kidding i can't even put a clutvh in right now.

What was really funny was when I had to explain to my parents that I gutted the the thing- of which they paid half for- and had to constantly re- assure them that I knew what I was doing

Hah, luckily Jeeps aren't too expensive. Think what it would be like if you did that to something like a Porsche or Land Rover. Then your parent's would be really ****ed.

Added some pics from my trip up bald mt if anyones interested- even though i have it lookin nice inside, im not afraid to wheel it- sadley its stock but not for long... click link at the beginning of the post

I think it looks great. I don't think what you have done to modify your interior makes you a RiceXJ at all. Personality comes from every alteration, the more different, the better. I really like the A-Pillar gauge pod. If you wouldn't mind, ould yu inform me as to where you purchased that, as well as to what gauges you're running with it. Thanks in advance.

Brian

*Reposted from previous thread. I really like that gauge pod.

Back