• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Tune up kit? $$

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
One of the recent 4x4 magazines did a Write up on there XJ, where they did some exhaust stuff and a tune up and gained nearly 5 MPG! I think the tune up kit was called something like a Screamin deamin? It had a coil, cap and rotor, and some 10mm live wires.

Where is the cheapest place to get this kit? When I first read the article, I saw the kit somewhere for around $170, but I assume someone has is cheaper.

Any other kits you guys recomend? She has got 84,000 miles, and I think all stock stuff. It Idles a pretty ruff if I feed it the 87 octane, but does fine on 92. I hope a tune up will fix that and help mileage as I am only getting around 13.8. Mostly back road driving, not in town, not highway.

I have not swapped gears, and run 32's. I have 3.5 stock ratios.

Thanks!
Jason

Change the gears and your fuel milage will increase a lot then work from that

4.11 if you only want to keep 32's and have no desire to go bigger

4.56 if you want to upgrade some day...

does anyone know where those different ratios would put my RPM's at about 65mph? I drive alot at 65-70, but hardly ever over 75.

I MAY someday go with 33's, but probably not, I feel "safe" with the factory axles and the little 32" tires. I know it can still break, just less likely.

What should I expect to pay for the whole deal installed? I can't do it.

thanks,
Jason

not pertaining to your thread but HEY I gotta 97 XJ and my names Jason too!:looney: - maybe were ina parallel universe or something

Back