• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need of some real advice.

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running 8inches of lift on my 00 cherokee, with 35" tires. I have the skyjacker extreme drop pitman arm. I am seriously considering some steering changes, may that be what it will. Any thoughts on down east's kit, or tera-flex's new dana 30 knuckles? or is there some thing else out there to level out my draglink and remove some of my bumpsteer? anyhelp welcomed. steve.

Either extend the trackbar bracket to it mounts the track bar lower to be parallel with the draglink, or move the axle end of the trackbar up to parallel, or a combo of both.

I have done all my own custom steering set up (as have many others on this board). So I can not give you any advice on a kit.

However, I would do what ever I could to get rid of a longer pitman arm than stock, I would not move the frame mount trackbar mount down (both of these put too much undue stress on the components and frame (particularly with 35's). I would try to move both the trackbar and draglink axle ends up so that they are high and parallel.

HTH,
Michael

DSCF0005.JPG

Here's mine with stock knuckles. I would have to say, if you plan on keeping your D30, then really the only conversion is the WJ one. Better angles & bigger brakes. JKS/ORGS has the the kit all laid out. The used parts are really comparable to the Tera/Downeast knuckle. It is more involved, but worth it. Otherwise look into a D44 swap and doa a true Highsteer and get better brakes and axle strength to boot.

Back