• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

push button start

88bluecrunched

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinkin of doing a push button start on my 88 xj and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who has done it or knows how it might be done. I hope it turns out ok and it will look cool also.

88bluecrunched said:
I was thinkin of doing a push button start on my 88 xj and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who has done it or knows how it might be done. I hope it turns out ok and it will look cool also.
My starter cylinoid went out so I mounted a remote one and wired up a push button. I put it in the dash.

It works.

That's all.

Should be very easily done. When I installed my remote start sytem I learned how easy that would be. Anyway I'll check my installer wiring diagrams and get back to you. Not sure If the ignition wires are same colors or not...

i know its not legal around here but i would think you could just wire the start wire on the starter (smaller wire on the solinoid ) through a high amp switch you would still ave to have to key in the on position or it will just crank

Back