• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop in gas mileage with K&N drop in?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have noticed a drastic drop in my gas mileage after installing a drop in K&N air filter.

Drastic as in approx 60 miles less per tank than usual.

Discuss

Get yer foot out of it.
There is more power, more throat, and no dobt more of your foot in the floorboards enjoying the thrust.
Drive like normal and you will get normal mileage.

bgcntry72 said:
Get yer foot out of it.
There is more power, more throat, and no dobt more of your foot in the floorboards enjoying the thrust.
Drive like normal and you will get normal mileage.

Umm.. actually I have noticed no difference what so ever. Not even a slightly better throttle response. This is a drop in K&N air filter, not a stoker kit. I did notice the $30 missing from my wallet though.

But one thing I do NOT have is a lead foot. I drive slower than a grandma.

check for vacom leaks and that you have a good seal around the box.Also to get any real gains yo need an air intake instead of the drop in filter. :flame:

To really help out with mileage, you should add a quality cat-back exhaust to help the exhalation.
I pair my drop-in with a bored TB, a bored spacer, and a Gibson exhaust from the cat-back.
Simple and effective.
If your driving habits have not changed, perhaps the increased air knocked loose debris in your TB.
I would take off the TB and give it a thorough rogerin.....er, cleaning.
Then, try a fresh tank of gas.
Seems like an odd coincidence, to me.

i run a 40 series delta flow flowmaster. Sounds obnoxious as all get out but well worth the gains. besides I like loud pipes.If your getting more air in you need to get more air out. :flame:

Back